Lief & Liberty's destination wedding at Bohol - Feb 26 2011




I met Liberty in Bohol several months ago. She is an attorney working in Manila and wanted a destination wedding. We toured around Bohol's local resorts and finally decided on Bohol Beach Club, which was both our first choice. Yey!

Leif is a Swedish chef. He was very reserved and modest, but had a great sense of humor once I got to know him. I remember telling him that in the Philippines, we also have a groom's pictorials where we take pictures of his personal items like the belt. His self-effacing answer: "Why would you want to take a picture of my belt? It's old and cracked."

Last Saturday was the culmination of months of planning and preparation. Libby, as her friends call her, was a joy to work with. She was very organized and planned, had very realistic expectations and knew exactly what she wanted and did not want.

Theirs was a destination wedding with Filipino & Swedish friends and family flying all the way from Manila to Bohol Beach Club for the celebration as well as some R&R. :)

Her verdict: "It was even better than expected."

My favourite moment was when Leif and Liberty walked into the reception area of Bohol Beach Club. I heard Leif state quietly to Liberty, "They're playing the songs I chose. It makes me so happy." I was very glad that our attention to detail paid off and added to their happiness on their wedding day.

Another stand-out moment was when Liberty walked into her room at the resort before the reception started, for a little R&R (rest and retouch). She was feeling out-of-sorts and a little hungry as she had only had brunch but no lunch yet. I gave her the Debuts & I Do's giant cookie, with my logo on it, for her to munch on while she relaxed. But, she said, "It's too pretty to eat." Aaaw!

The giant cookie is c/o Blissful Nibbles. I'll post a pic from my next wedding. We were all too excited this time around and forgot to take a picture.

So, congrats to Leif and Liberty for being the first to try our giant Debuts & I Do's cookie! But, more importantly, congratulations for a wonderful destination beach wedding at Bohol Beach Club!!!

P.S. Our guest photographer, Russel Capatoy , took this fun candid shot of them, all smiles, with me at the background. :)

For more photos of Lief & liberty's wedding, please see here.